In 2007, Big Paw Designs created a special New Orleans tribute charm and key chain. A portion of the Woof! Fleur de Lis pet collar charm and key chain benefits New Orleans Used Dogs rescue. Made of sturdy pewter, the charm is lead free & Made in the USA. Charms are substantial and popular with pet lovers.
Used Dogs provides a unique sheltering environment where animals recover from abuse and neglect and learn to be better pets. Big Paw Designs selected the organization due to its hands on approach and the personal dedication of the founder, Madalin Bernard. The rescue truly differentiates itself from other groups. Here are the top 10 reasons why we love them:
1. USED DOGS is VERY INNOVATIVE!!!
2. USED DOGS finds not just good homes for dogs, but IDEAL homes. They excel at matching people/families with the right dog.
3. USED DOGS targets low income pet owners with an educational spay/neuter program.
4. USED DOGS works aggressively at addressing the source of the problem, not just treating the symptoms.
5. USED DOGS provides a shelter atmosphere where the most unlikely dogs get a second chance. It is not a shelter, but a rehab facility that turns dogs into pets by
mimicing a home environment.
6. USED DOGS practices effective Surrender Intervention.
7. USED DOGS provides great support services to individuals that find abandoned animals. When USED DOGS is full, instead of turning away pets, they support individuals and provide adoption outlets.
8. USED DOGS is about quality vs. quantity. The group has found forever homes for over 130 dogs.
9. USED DOGS provides Heartworm prevention outreach and education.
10. USED DOGS provides pit bull education – a head on solution to try and reduce overpopulation and dog aggression. Love them or hate them, you cannot ignore them. The breed also has to be spayed/neutered and needs owner education .
The new stickers, along with the other products benefiting this group can be purchased online at www.BigPawDesigns.com and are also available at wholesale rates for stores and fund raisers.